WORM (Write Once Read Many) Storage Satellites. Sharing knowledge to those that are dying to read it.
Governments of the world are not all an inspiration to humanity. Some governments act like children, some like dictators, some are dictators, and some defy logic due to beliefs that should only be held as a patient in a doctors office.
So how do we bring knowledge to the world in a way that no government or citizen can stop. Showing people what is possible, what has happened in the past and what will happen in the future should the people ignore the signs around them.
Sharing data in some countries can end your life. A country that controls how data flows can control its citizens and brainwashing them into ignorance and worse, asking them to kill for the governments beliefs. This needs to change.
There are many problems with educating the world and bringing hard earned knowledge into the hands of those who most need it. Below I will list the biggest:
- A to B, how to get knowledge from someone in one country to someone in another country. Especially if no fibre cables are connecting the two.
- Data Death, how does one share data or even show that data to many where simply having the data stored in any form can mean death.
- Timeliness, data can be very important and needs to get to those that need it the most quickly, any physical movement of data requires humans to download, copy and physically share it.
- Data Legality, Some countries ban some data but not others, data that moves around the world can become highly sensitive, illegal and in the next country, openly shared. Corporate interests can weigh in on data, forcing laws that lock data out of hands of the public requiring licensing and fees.
- Storage, to store data is to open up the location to government interference. Even a distributed storage service can be taken down by multiple governments either physically or virtually through constant attacks that block the data being copied or cost the location money and time by defending the attacks until its simply not worth the risk to hold or share the data.
Install a network of simple data storage satellites that will be able to reach all major areas of the globe. Each satellite will have:
- RF Antenna to transmit in the low frequencies, providing 24/7 text only information.
- Laser/LiFi Transmitter for high volume data (only works at night)
- Flashing Xeon Light to locate satellite. Flashing once per minute.
- SSD storage drives.
- SSD Storage computer that controls the WORM interface. Highly secure with limited interface.
- Onboard Computer to transmission and sync data between other satellites.
Create a group that will vote on the data to be uploaded to the satellites. This group will not have anyone with Veto rights (ie UN), only a majority (51%) needs to agree to have the data uploaded and shared to all.
The key to this system is the WORM interface. Once data has been uploaded, it cannot be removed. Attacking the group or groups that have uploaded the data will not remove it. Creating laws or killing people will not remove the data. Corporations cannot use the legal system to remove the data. Once it’s up, its available to all humanity.
For additional security, all data uploaded will be added to the satellite blockchain. If any data is modified or damaged, the blockchain won’t compute. This allows people to download the entire contents of the satellite and verify the download.
The transmission will be based on bittorrent. Each satellite will transmit important text data 24/7 via the RF antenna, allowing a small device ie mobile phone to be modified to receive the signals and assemble the data. This method will allow anyone to learn without it being obvious that the data is being listened too. Using the BitTorrent protocol, if data is missing, it can be picked up with the next pass. The protocol will be modified to not require acknowledgements or any reception from the device listening. This is a receive only system, allowing anyone to receive the data without risk that a government can monitor the transmission and locate the person receiving it.
Safety of received data:
For countries that will kill or imprison those with data, the receiver can be made with no local storage. As each satellite retransmits its data on a regular basis, there is no need to store locally the received data, allowing the device to use RAM only, persistent only while the software is running and wiped when closed or power is removed.
The Software itself can be received from the satellites, using a bootstrap piece of code to initially receive the signal.
The idea is to make data available to all humanity, via a means that can’t be stopped, using a system that a large majority can afford either through basic technical knowledge or off the shelf hardware that looks exactly like hardware everyone else has ie smart phone.
Once world governments realize that data can’t be stopped by the traditional means, the hope is they give up, knowing that it is no longer possible contain knowledge to a few. Perfect examples are the Corporate Music Industry, doing everything in their power to stop people loading music onto their computers, without success, until giving up and using the Internet/computers to distribute songs.
If we can’t learn from the past, we are destined to repeat it. Knowledge is power, and we all need to share that power equally, the only other option is having Trust in a few with that power, however history shows that trusting those with power, doesn’t always work out in the best interests of all.
David Robinson email@example.com